2008. január 13., vasárnap

Guestbook:

Very last night of a wonderful four night stay at Astoria Rooms. We arrived in Budapest tuesday afternoon and Peter anticipated us before we could even phone him! There he was right outside the Burger King on Nyugati ter! A short walk up the famous Andrassy boulevard and there we were. A large clean and comfy bed awaited us. Well heated, plenty of hot water, kitchen priviledges (sp?), shower, jacuzzi tub. Great place! Peter is a charming intelligent young man was excellent w/directions and how to get arround using the public tarnsport, warned us about the crowded areas on electionday. Budapest is 2 huge city filled with history, beautyful architecture and friendly warm people. Peter and his friends made us feel like we were home after a long tiring day of sightseeing. (Our favourite spot among many was the Great Market Hall for good wholesome food!) I could go on and on about my positive impressions... the public transportation system, the metro is EXCELLENT! An inexpensive and easy way to move about the city. Clean and graffiti free! A great start to our Eastern Europe vacation!
Thanks to you guys! Thanks Budapest!
Jay S. Gertz & Charmaine Strong (USA)
Asheville NC US.
P.S.: We also enjoyed the complimentary Hungarian wine and ability to do our laundry.


Dear Guys,
I am about half way through my stay here in Budapest and am having a wonderful time. The city is gorgeous and exploring a new part of it each day allows me to appreciate it all the more. This location you have chosen for renting rooms is absolutely superb. Now that I'm exploring the city I see how central it is to everything- restaurants, vaci utca, market hall, the house of terror, city park, the river and off course the castle. Nothing is too long walk! I look forward to the rest of my stay here as I am sure it will be just as comfortable. The room in which I am staying is perfect by the way. The bathroom and kitchen is spotless. It's so nice to have a place where I can make breakfast! Thank you for being so kind as to carry my very large suitcase for me and also for the time I have been in contact with you about reserving the room. This is what truly set my mind at ease. I wish you the best in University and for your economics degree. I can see what a knock you have for business and I have no doubt, that you will go very far. I look forward to visiting Budapest again and I will definitely stay at "AstoriaRooms"! Thank you again for everything and the best of luck to you in all your endeavors.
Sincerely,
Seattle, Washington
PS.: If you ever need a reference or would like me to send an email regarding these rooms, I'd be happy to do so!


Hey Guys!
I'm lying in bed, terribly hangover, listening to Velvet Underground, and gazing out on your lovely courtyard. Despite my hangover, what a perfect place to stay in Budapest. And anyways, I suppose my headache is an excellent testimony to the fantastic nightlife in this town.. We met some awesome Hungarian musicians at a bar last night on Kertesz and they bought Jean and I drink after drink! Leslie (the fellow we met) even walked us home. By the way, I'm still incredulous that we ran into each other at Critical Mass. 30000 bikers and we see our host, the only person we know in Budapest?!? Crazy. So fun. Ok time to go to the baths. I will be sad to leave this city, but will hold on to such funk memories of it, thanks of course to your generosity and warmth and excellent suggestions. I can't wait to some back. Let Jean and I know if you ever plan on visiting San Francisco!
Thanks again,
Nick (USA)



It's been a wierd, great few days in the heart of Europe. Lufthansa lost Hanna's bag, so it's been a lot of back and forth, but bottom line-it's been great. And staying here, has been all I've imagined. Peter and his fantastic friends have been really helpful we're coming back in six weeks.
Thanks.
Mikkel. (Norway)
Thank you! Great night out!We will go to Vittula again. And we will stay in this room again. Thank you for everything.
This is not the end.
Hanna (Norway)



This has been the nicest room I've slept in all year. Ulrike loves the bed and I must agree. We've walked most of the pretty streets in Budapest and this apartment is on the best one. The view is quiet, but the street is bustling with activity. It's as if you planned the whole neighborhood for your guests. We loved the art museums and the food. The river was close enough for a casual stroll and the weather favored our visit. You made a large position of our trip a dream.
Thanks,
Christopher (US)
Ulrike (Germany)















We've had a fantastic stay in Budapest and loved every minute. The location of the apartment is perfect and we couldn't think of another area we would prefer to stay. The apartment is clean safe and has all the amenities you could need. Thank you so much for the Hungarian wine and the great advice on where to go. We loved the restaurants and the bath house. Wandering arround the castle area at night was something else.
Thank you again and see you in Manly!
Emilie and Matt (Australia)



Dear Peter,
We've really enjoyed our stay here. After walking and walking throughout the city, the verdict is clean: yours is definitely the most charming street in the city. It is bright, lively- (and though I was a bit afraid). The room is absolutely quiet. Amazing!
You've been so helpful-especially with directions, laundry and suggestions.
Adrienn, Peabody (USA)
I enjoyed staying at your place with my mother, your professionalism, helpfulness and genuine friendliness was a true pleasure. You live on a wonderful little street in a great location. I couldn't have asked for more. I'm glad my mom booked your room for us! I wish you the best of ever in all your future endeavors! Enjoy university!
Talya Mazor (USA)



Guys,
Thank you so much for making our short stop in Budapest so comfortable and pleasant. The apartment was wonderful -huge clean bedroom, great bathroom and kitchen- it was so quiet and felt like an apartment of our own. You were so helpful with the directions (we are hopeless with maps) and recommended two delicious restaurants (given high ratings by two very picky eaters). Also thank you for the Tokaji wine, such a great present for us to take on our long train ride tomorrow. We will be sad to say "bye" to Budapest, thanks for making our stay so comfortable!
Cheers:
Marylynne + Vlad (USA)



Dearest Peter,
Well... when to begin... you have helped me to make my "dream-trip" a reality. One never knows what to expect "site unseen". Your welcoming face at the airport made things so smooth. My deepest gratitude for your assistance in enabling me to connect with my family in Szombathely. Suddenly... I feel so complete! This was truly a scary journey, as we could not speak the language fluently. So the fact you arranged and retrieved our traintickets was such a wonderful thing. Your recommendation for PAPRIKA was excellent, we ate there 4 times! This was the place for reasonable and authentic Hungarian food! Nice quite accomodation, we love our privacy. Köszönöm szépen a vendéglátást!
Leslie and John Daudelin, Ontario (Canada)
PS.: You are truly an entrepanous at heart- Keep up the great work!
Remember us when you are a millionare!
Mőcsényi Merlot!



















Dear Peter,
I've had a fantastic 21 days here in Budapest. Thanks a lot for your greate smile every day!!!Thank you so much for the Hungarian wine and the greate advice on where to go, anhd help with my phone:-)..
If you some day like to visit me in Sweden... my door will be open!
All the best:
Svein (Sweden)


















Thanx ever so much for your fantastic hospitality! You made me feel comfortable and right at home from the start! Your suggestions and directions were spot on. Were it not for your exams, would've loved to take you out for a great meal Hungarian styla. Even thought it was just a short time, we got a lot accoomplished but would love to come back and stay with you again. I'll definately recommend you to whomever I meet wishing to come to Budapest! It is such a lovely picturesque city and I can see why it was my sisters favourite city in Europe. If you ever get to my corner of the world, Vancouver, please don't hesitate to drop me and e-mail. Remember, we're hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics!
PEACE OUT!
Chrystal
Vancouver, Canada






















Dear Guys,
We cannot thank you enough for all you've done.
Only halfway through our stay in Budapest, we are excited about moving into our own flat, but sad about leaving the comforts of your place! Especially as we still have no hot water there!!
Thanks for the wine and putting money on our sim card when we ran out of time (twice!), for all your great suggestions, translations, advice especially for sending Bálint to us! We hope you both can come to dinner before we leave.
(If not during this visit, during our next one.)
We'll be in touch over the next week!
Love:
Christine and Kieran
Toronto, Canada






















Well Guys!
How can we thank you enough for our wonderful visit to Budapest? As everyone has already said the accomodation is superb, everything for a city visit: comfortable, safe and with excellent facilities. We will certainly recommend you to everyone. So sorry to miss you today to say goodbye. We went to the Children's train and met up with the Budapest Hashers (H.H.H.) who let us try! Great day!
Good Luck!
Hodges Family, Australia
Miss Annie, Wales






Thank you Marton for a very nice stay. Your flats are very central, it's nice to be able to walk everywhere! It has been very comfortable and relaxed stay in Budapest!
Jane Schoefield and Ben Quint
Münster, GERMANY





Hi Peter,
Thank you so much for your hospitality. We enjoyed visiting Budapest a lot and your tips and ofcourse the room had a great share in that.
We wish you all the best with your studies and hope to return to Budapest someday.
Kind regards:
Guus and Renske
NETHERLANDS





Dear Guys,
Just wanna say a big "THANK YOU" for your generous hospitality! You've been very nice and we really appreciate all that you've done for us! though we havn't seen much of you arround (hmm.. doesn't sound very right;)) or rather haven't seen you around much, you left a really great impression on our first meeting! :)
We can never get enough of Budapest and we'll be back. Hopefully we get to stay here again. Once again thank you for everything and your very helpful recommendations.
All the best for your future endeavours, til we meet again...
Best regrads:
Esther, Jennifer, Eunice
Singapur





Dear Peter,
We had a wonderful stay at Budapest, it's a beautiful city and your advice and tips made it easier for us. Your apartment was like a home away from home, cosy and convinient, very central location.
We won't forget your friendly smiles and help at the airport!
Thanks for everything!
If/when you come to Cyprus, we will be glad to see you!
Just email me!
Best regards:
Haris, Elni, Stelios
CYPRUS



We'll try the wine at home! Thank you for providing us with a first-class apartment with a great location! It made our vacation a thousand times better. If you are ever in Bulgaria, look us up!
Regards,
Matt
USA, Long Island, New York

Nincsenek megjegyzések: